Julie Ann, Sherla, Sue, Kaye, Linda Bea, Jeanine & ______?Written by my mom, Jeanine Van Leuven from "The Life Story of Jeanine Eldredge Van Leuven."
In 1954, the ward had a musical program. The entertainment committe asked the six Eldredge girls to do several numbers. We decided on two numbers. Kaye and I sang a humorous song, and Linda Bea and Kaye danced "the Charleston" while I played the piano. Then Kaye and I came up with a brilliant idea for a "flower dance," with the seven Eldredge sisters. Dad was dressed like the rest of us, in a skirt, pinafore, and a flower hat, which Mother designed and sewed. We were a smashing success and got a standing ovation.
The next day, Grandpa Eldredge made his daily visit and expressed how
proud he was of his grand daughters. Then he said to Mother, "Who was that large girl, that had to be part of the act?" When Mother told him that it was his son, he laughed and laughed. He had no idea that Dad was the one tiptoeing around the stage, throwing flowers from a basket.Here are some more photographs of the Eldredge sisters:








Jerry - I remember how scared I was, but how fun it was to have Dad a girl, he always had a very good sense of humor. I do remember Grandpa laughing. Fond memories - Thanks, Sherla
ReplyDeleteWhat a good-looking group of women!
ReplyDelete